1. If you have not done so, you must come to my room and pick out a book that you will read for the first semester. The book must be approved by me. You will also write a report when you complete the assignment, see me for details. This is due sometime at the end of the semester.
2. Let me know if you have any questions about the book report or interview paper.
3. Every day, read a current event from one of the following sources: www.npr.og,www.bbc.com, or www.economist.com. Write a thorough paragraph describing the article. Include the date, the source, and the name of the article at the beginning of each entry.
4. Read Chapter two in your text, "American Society in the Making."
5. Watch the following videos on Youtube:
8. Answer the following questions using at least one very full paragraph. Include at least one quote from a source above. These questions can be sent to me via email or by person. They are due next Monday morning.
a. Describe each of the three main areas of Colonial America. The Northern Colonies, the Middle Colonies, and the Southern Colonies. At least one good paragraph each. Describe the economy, schooling, religion, culture, etc.
b. How did slavery first come to the American colonies? What role does Bacon's Rebellion play?
c. What role did religion play in the settling of the American colonies?
d. Describe the events of the Salem Witch Trials. What could be responsible for such and event in the American colonies?