NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Annual Meeting of the Governing Board of Vision Charter School will be held on the 27th day of July, 2017, at 5:30pm., at Vision Charter School,19291 Ward Rd., Caldwell, Idaho 83605 in the Library. The Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors is called pursuant to Sections 33-510, 67-2340, et seq. Idaho Code. Candidates running unopposed will be declard elected at this meeting.
Agenda - Vision Charter School
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Vision Charter School
19291 Ward Road
Caldwell, Idaho 83605
1. Call to Order – Mr. Snow
2. Adoption of Agenda– Mr. Snow
3. Elections of board members running uncontested - Mrs. Samuelson
a. Review Idaho Code Section 33-502B
33-502B. Board of trustees -- One nomination -- No election. In any election for trustees, if, after the expiration of the date for filing written nominations for the office of trustee, it appears that only one (1) qualified candidate has been nominated for a position to be filled or if only one (1) candidate has filed a write-in declaration of intent as provided by section 34-1407, Idaho Code, no election shall be held for that position, and the board of trustees or the school district clerk with the written permission of the board, shall declare such candidate elected as a trustee, and the school district clerk shall immediately prepare and deliver to the person a certificate of election signed by him and bearing the seal of the district. The procedure set forth in this section shall not apply to any other school district election.
b. Declaration by the Board of Trustees of qualified uncontested candidates being elected to the board pursuant to Idaho Code Section 33-502B.
1. Candidate Andrea Busmann
2. Candidate David Snow
3. Candidate Tracie Wood
4. Election of officers to serve for one year term – Mr. Snow
b. Vice Chairman
1. “The Officers of the Corporation shall be Chairman of the Board, Vice Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer. Any number of offices may be held by the same person, except that neither the Secretary nor the Treasurer may serve concurrently as the Chairman of the Board” – VCS Bylaws
2. Board members shall articulate their interest in each position.
5. Annual Review of Board Responsibilities – David Snow
a. Review Board Code of Ethics
b. Review of Conflict of Interest Policy
c. Board Self Evaluation
6. Consent Agenda- Mrs. Samuelson
The Governing Board will review the enclosures under consent agenda.
If a board member elects, any consent agenda item may be pulled and discussed at the meeting. If no item is pulled, acceptance will be automatic under the motion for the consent agenda.
a. Accounts Payable
b. Web Reports
c. Board Meeting Minutes
d. Budget Report / Bank Balances
7. Policy Committee- Mrs. Wood and Mrs. OldenKamp
a. Open Campus Policy 529 second reading
b. Open Campus Form Policy 529F1 second reading
8. Site Committee Update- Mrs. OldenKamp & Mr. Snow
9. Administration- Mrs. OldenKamp
a. Staffing update
b. Strategic Plan Review 2016-2017
c. Strategic Plan Review 2017-2018
d. Consideration of adding Mission Specific Goals to PCSC framework
e. District Developed Measure of Academic Achievement
10. Executive Session: Idaho Code 74-206 (b)